12 Free Digital Marketing Tools For Any Business
Strengthen your brand and marketing efforts with these user-friendly tools during the coronavirus crisis.
Due to coronavirus and its economic impacts, businesses and nonprofit organizations are reevaluating their budgets to try and stay afloat. Some business owners and nonprofit leaders may consider slashing their marketing budgets or laying off their marketers. With free digital marketing tools at your disposal, however, there’s a good chance you won’t have to do that.
Keep in mind that now more than ever, your customers want to hear from you and learn how your products and services can help them navigate new social, cultural and economic landscapes. It’s also critical to adapt your brand to build trust and maintain relevance during this period of uncertainty. Before letting your marketing team go, consider replacing expensive marketing software with some of our favorite free digital marketing tools. You can save your company tons of money without losing hardworking marketing professionals!
Our Go-To Free Digital Marketing Tools
Free Social Media Management Tools
Use social media to let your target audiences know what you’re doing to prevent the spread of coronavirus at your business. You can also use social media to give audiences ideas for solving coronavirus-related challenges. Additionally, you can share words of wisdom and inspiration to keep your audience’s spirits up.
- Buffer: We love using Buffer to manage our clients’ social media posts (and our own)! It’s easy to use and offers insightful social media analytics to help you refine your social media strategies. After your free trial, you can downgrade to Buffer’s Basic Free Plan. One user can manage social content for three different accounts and schedule up to 10 posts.
- Hootsuite: Need to schedule more social media posts in advance? Hootsuite has you covered. Sign up for a free account to manage three social profiles and schedule up to 30 posts. Includes access for one user.
Free Email Marketing Software
Similar to social media, you can send emails to customers to share your business’ coronavirus prevention strategies (or any other information relevant to your brand). Only contact subscribers who opted in to receive emails from you to avoid hefty penalties.
- Mailchimp (our personal favorite email tool): This is one of the leading email marketing options available. With a free plan, you can maintain a list of 2,000 contacts and send up to 10,000 emails per month (with a daily limit of 2,000 email sends). You can also build landing pages and design pop-ups to encourage website visitors to subscribe to your newsletter. It’s lead generation made easy (and free), making it one of the most powerful free digital marketing tools available. It also simplifies GDPR compliance.
- Sender: Looking for another free email marketing option? Consider a free plan with Sender. Your list can contain up to 2,500 subscribers and you can send up to 15,000 emails per month. Make use of features like web-push notifications, mobile-responsive templates and more.
Free and Affordable SEO Options
Search engine optimization (SEO) pushes your webpages to the top of search engine results. This allows online users to find your website faster with specific keywords. Optimize your web content to reach target audiences quickly and effectively.
- Neil Patel’s SEO Analyzer Tool: Get a free SEO audit and report to see how you can improve your website’s SEO score. It’s a fast and simple digital marketing resource every marketing team should use.
- Yoast: This WordPress plugin analyzes your webpage’s SEO content in real-time. Yoast identifies opportunities where you can improve the content on your page so you can boost its SEO score. The plugin is super user friendly and makes SEO a much less daunting task.
- SEO Review Tools: Don’t have a WordPress website? No problem. Use this online tool for real-time SEO analysis.
- Mangools: This makes keyword research much easier (and fun). Mangools allows you to research competitive and non-competitive keywords to help you optimize your web copy in no time. It’s a much more affordable SEO option than other keyword research tools.
Free Stock Photos and Graphic Design Tools
Now more than ever, customers want to see things that make them feel good. With smart and beautiful graphics, you can also present complex information in a digestible manner.
- Unsplash and Pexels: Gain access to thousands of high-res and quality stock photos without spending a dime. We use these digital marketing tools all the time, especially when designing content for social media campaigns.
- Canva: Graphic design made easy. Choose from hundreds of premade templates to create gorgeous graphics and animated videos for any occasion. Design social media graphics, infographics, posters, brochures and more in no time.
- Photopea: This website offers the same capabilities as Photoshop. Edit photos like a pro without investing money in photo editing software.
What About Free Website Design, Content Marketing and Public Relations Tools?
While free public relations and digital marketing tools exist for these endeavors, we recommend working with a professional to avoid costly mistakes. Website design requires intensive design and coding experience. You need big thinkers and strong writers to develop impactful content marketing strategies. As for public relations, you’ll need writing and pitching skills, in addition to strong relationships with the media.
Coronavirus is Hurting My Business. Do You Offer Marketing or PR Support?
Yes. We developed marketing and public relations resources to help businesses and nonprofit organizations of all sizes. They will help you build brand trust, determine your customer communication strategy and maintain relevance through brand repositioning. You can also reach out to us for a free quote and consultation.
In the meantime, take advantage of these free digital marketing tools to help your business and brand thrive.
Do you run a veteran-owned business? Contact us to learn how to receive 10% off all marketing and public relations services.
About The Postcard Agency
The Postcard Agency connects businesses and nonprofit organizations with their target audiences through dynamic marketing and public relations strategies. Crafty and creative, the San Antonio-based agency reinvigorates local and national brands with imaginative and results-driven campaigns. A winner of the Gold dotCOMM Award for website design, the digital marketing and public relations agency has also been named a Top Marketing Agency and a Top B2B Company and Marketing Agency by Clutch, an acclaimed ratings and reviews platform. Jonathan Ochart, CEO of The Postcard Agency, regularly shares marketing and public relations insights for business leaders with the media, including NBC and Voyage Magazine.